[MAPSERVER-USERS] Connection parameter errors while using Postgres DB Schema

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 10:43:43 EDT 2008

Ritesh,

There's a way to stablish the default schema to a postgres user when it connects, maybe this can help you to pull the data from postgres.

To check what's the current default user's schema, you need to execute this:

SHOW search_path

It must throw $user, public

So, to set the default user's schema, you execute this:

ALTER USER <user_name> SET search_path TO <schema_name>

I suggest you to create a new role to connect to the database via map file, and then
change its default schema.

Another thing (maybe this was the first step) is to check if the user postgres is the owner
of the schema, and if it's not, then check if it haves the USAGE privilege on it.

Hope this information helps

IC Carlos Ruiz