[mapserver-users] Changing Point style on-the-fly

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jul 17 08:47:12 EDT 2008

If you are using MapServer 5.0 or the brand new 5.2 then you can
probably use attribute binding, which allows you to specify an
attribute in your data as the source for various parameters in the map
file.  For instance, if you have a field in your database called
point_size that has a size value then you can do this:

SIZE [point_size]

You can also bind to COLOR and most other attributes inside STYLE and
LABEL.  I just went to look for documentation on attribute binding and
I can't seem to find anything beyond the original rfc (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-19
) so if you are running into trouble, don't hesitate to ask the
developers :)

Cheers

Paul