[mapserver-users] Data for Mapserver.

Νικος Παπαδάκης nipapada at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:39:21 EDT 2008

O/H Matthew Pettis έγραψε:
> The new files tell you more information above and beyond what you
> already had in the .dbf, .shp, and .shx files.  For example, the .prj
> file should contain information about the projection that the
> coordinates are in... That can be used when you need to merge it's
> information with maps from other projections.  As to .sbn, .sbx, I
> can't tell you, but you should be able to google it or look up
> shapefile specs.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Νικος Παπαδάκης <nipapada at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hallo to everyone.
>> I have some data of a city and i want to retrieve a map from them.
>> I have done other examples with data that have the following file
>> extentions...
>> .dbf  .shp  .shx.
>>
>> But the new dataset i have found have the following file extentions...
>> .dbf  .prj  .sbn  .sbx  .shp  .shx
>>
>> Does anybody know a way i can use these data?
>> Thanks...

Is there any way i can find out what layers do these files contain?
Because i can retrieve a map ,but an empty map...
I tried to read the data using ogr writing in the mapfile

    LAYER
        NAME "city"
        STATUS DEFAULT
        TYPE line
        CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
        CONNECTION v_roads_arc.shp
        CLASS
            STYLE
                COLOR 0 0 0
            END
        END
    END

but unfortunately the result is the same...