[mapserver-users] Legend icon size - question

Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr
Mon Jul 28 01:52:48 EDT 2008

Hi,

Can I influence the size of legend icon/image in any way?

The documentation says "The size of the legend image is NOT known prior to
creation.." and "...legend components are built automatically from class
objects from individual layers..."

The reason I am asking this is following: I am using a PIXMAP symbol to
show some points on the map. If I set the SIZE in the CLASS section to be
small enough, then the symbol "Fits" the legend box correctly, but it is
not big enough for showing it on the map. If I increase the SIZE, the
symbol is shown on the map as I like, but then it doesn't "fit" to legend
box and I can only see its portion.

So, is there any way to solve this or it is just a mapserver feature, that
cannot be changed?

thans very much

regards, dejan