[mapserver-users] date format?

Sacha Black sacha.black at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 16:07:28 EDT 2008

I've got point data in a MySQL database that I am displaying in my
map. I'd like to label the points with a date, but the date format
stored in the database looks like this:

"2008-06-17 00:00:00"

and we would like to put a label on the map in some kind of more user
friendly format (and omitting the time portion which we do not
need).... is this kind of re-formatting for labels possible in
Mapserver? Prefer not to create a new field in the DB as there are
thousands of records...

any ideas?

sacha

Fri May 9 09:53:29 EDT 2008

Hi list,

using a shapefile with a Date column, is it possible to change the date
format (string) that Mapserver will use in the WFS GetFeature output?

Now it outputs:

<ms:Discovery_date>19690101</ms:Discovery_date>

whereas we would want 1969-01-01

Best regards,
Bart