[mapserver-users] GetCoverage request and time-idexed coverage using postgis

Alexander Petkov greenkov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 17:32:23 EDT 2008

Currently I am using Mapserver version 5.0.2

I am getting the following error when I issue a GetCoverage request
for a time-indexed coverage, using postgis for the indexing.
<ServiceException>
prepare_database(): Query error. Error executing POSTGIS DECLARE (the
actual query) statement: 'DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT
"date"::text,"fullpath"::text,asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(the_geom)),'NDR'),fullpath::text
from da_index WHERE (2005-12-27) and (the_geom && setSRID(
'BOX3D(-2050500 -2136500,2536500
752500)'::BOX3D,find_srid('','da_index','the_geom') ))'

Postgresql reports the error as 'ERROR:  argument of AND must be type
boolean, not type integer
'

More Help:

Error with POSTGIS data variable. You specified 'check your .map file'.
Standard ways of specifiying are :
(1) 'geometry_column from geometry_table'
(2) 'geometry_column from (sub query) as foo using unique column name
using SRID=srid#'

Make sure you put in the 'using unique  column name' and 'using
SRID=#' clauses in.

For more help, please see http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/

Mappostgis.c - version of Jan 23/2004.

</ServiceException>

In my table, the 'date' field has the date values. I see from the
query above that is missing "date='2005-12-27' in the WHERE clause.
Indeed, when I add it using the psql client, the query works.

The coverage in question gets listed when I make a WCS GetCapabilities
request. How shoud I go about getting the error above resolved? Should
I try the latest version or am I doing something wrong? Here is the
request in question:

http://someserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?MAP=some_time_index.map&SERVICE=WCS&REQUEST=GetCoverage&coverage=da&CRS=EPSG:2163&FORMAT=GTiff&TIME=2005-12-27&WIDTH=800&HEIGHT=600

Does anyone else who uses postgis for time indexing have GetCoverage
requests working?

Thanks in advance,
Alex