[MAPSERVER-USERS] help! agg palette quantize algorithm imperfection

BrainDrain paulborodaev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 09:41:12 EDT 2008

Thanks, i already read about preparing palette index file & I see 2
obstacles:
1) I need to monitor my map file (big size) to keep relevant my palette
file. It is inflexible to extract rgb colors used in pixmap symbols
(hundreds, updatable). Can I use html palette for ex. (or any other
'universal' palette) - to make this process not so time-consuming?
2) If I have strict palette, can I be sure that agg renderer will always use
the nearest(?) color from my palette?