[mapserver-users] SLD implementation - fill-opacity

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jun 6 09:31:38 EDT 2008

Hi there,

  Actually the style->opacity parameter was there for a while although
not used until recently. The SLD (mapserver svn) already reads the
stoke/fill-opacity and set the parameter. Note that this only the AGG
output supports opacity at style level.
  Please report an issue through bug 2638 if opacity with AGG output is
not working as expected.

Best Regards,

bartvde at osgis.nl wrote:
> I am quite sure this is because back then Mapserver only supported
> layer-level transparency, and not style-level transparency.
>
> With the new addition of style-level transparency in trunk, it should
> become possible to implement this now AFAICT. Maybe open up an enhancement
> ticket for this?
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:52:28 +0200, Guillaume Sueur
> <guillaume.sueur at neogeo-online.net> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Does Mapserver SLD implementation supports the fill-opacity css
>> parameter ? As far as I can see, it doesn't. Bug ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> --
>> Guillaume

Assefa Yewondwossen