[mapserver-users] Label display

Ken S. Elvehjem elvehjem at runestone.net
Tue Jun 17 19:39:16 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm using a program generated query to fetch a transparent PNG file of about 1600 pixels square from a streets & roads database in Iowa.  A sample URL is pasted below my sig lines.

It works great, but the problem is that the features from a different layer (aerial photo) in which I am interested will usually be within the center 1/4 of the picture, and it usually gets cropped to center on that  feature, which blows away some of my labels.

Is there any way to force the labels closer to the (x,y) center of the returned PNG file while still following along whatever feature they are identifying?

That is to say, if there is one on a north/south road, we'd like it to be nearer the Y center of the pic, and if one is on an east/west road, then have it be closer to the X center of the picture.

Any magic we can invoke to do *that*????

Sincerely,

Ken
Ken S. Elvehjem
ELVEHJEM TECHNICAL SUPPORT