[mapserver-users] VRT into a symbol definition

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 08:01:46 EDT 2008

I believe you can only specify real raster files to define pixmap
symbols the VRT files can only be processed by the GDAL driver like
drawing raster layers.
Do you have an exact algorithm to assign mapserver symbol definitions
to the mapinfo symbol specification. I wonder if the STYLEITEM "AUTO"
option could be extended for this case. For more information see:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/ogr_howto/#styleitem-auto-rendering-layers-using-style-information-from-the-ogr-file

Best regards,

Tamas