[mapserver-users] php/mapscript - Call to undefined method ms_layer_obj::set()

alim karim alim.karim at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 14:45:05 EDT 2008

hello all.

we just upgraded our mapserver installation to mapserver-5.0.3 (current
stable i believe). we're running on a gentoo machine with apache 2.2.9 and
php 5.2.6RC4

it seems that some old code that uses mapscript  has stopped working.
specifically:

dl('php_mapscript.so');
$map = ms_newMapObj("some_mapfile.map");
$layer = ms_newLayerObj($map);
$layer->set("name", "layer1");

throws the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ms_layer_obj::set()

has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any suggestions on how
to fix it?

thanks in advance.

ak