[mapserver-users] transparent symbol clobbering

Ben Brehmer bbrehmer at refractions.net
Wed Jun 25 19:33:00 EDT 2008

I have a very simple mapfile to display a bunch of points as PNG symbols.

Problem is that the transparent part of the symbols are clobbering each
other with the background color (see attached image). What I would like
to see is a whole wack of merged together symbols when they are
overlapping without the background color coming through.

Any thoughts as to what could be causing this?

Cheers,

Ben Brehmer

The relevant parts of my very simple map file:

MAP

  TRANSPARENT ON

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME PNG24
    DRIVER "GD/PNG"
    MIMETYPE "image/png"
    EXTENSION "png"
    IMAGEMODE RGBA
    TRANSPARENT ON
  END

LAYER
    TRANSPARENCY 100
    CLASS
      STYLE
         SYMBOL "../../htdocs/images/markers/multi_arrow.png"
         SIZE 32
      END #STYLE
    END #CLASS
..