[mapserver-users] MapScript: HOW to get query result in NEW img

Marco Foi marco.foi at unimi.it
Fri Jun 27 09:55:01 EDT 2008

I need to query a map and have the result displayed in a different image.
BUT the main image is affected by the query and
gets recentered on the SAME EXTENT of the query map.

I'm using PHP MapScript

Here is the 'core' of my code:

// create a new point object at the clicked
coordinates, to use it in queryByPoint
$querypoint = ms_newPointObj();
//$cy & $cy are the conversion in map units of
the image coordinates of the queryed point on the map
$querypoint->SetXY($cx, $cy);
[...]
//define the layer that will be queryed
$layertoquery =$map->getLayerByName('geology');
//perform the query
$res = $layertoquery->queryByPoint($querypoint, MS_SINGLE, ($map->cellsize)*5);

//FIRST draw the map image
$image=$map->draw();
$image_url=$image->saveWebImage();

//THEN draw the query image
$thequerymap = $map->drawQuery();
$querymap_url=$thequerymap->saveWebImage();

BUT $image_url IS AFFECTED by the query and
displays che same extent of $querymap_url

How can I avoid this?

Marco