[MAPSERVER-USERS] hybrid images in Mapserver

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Mar 2 09:28:26 EST 2008

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 05:23:21AM -0800, mhungc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to display hybrid images with mapserver php/Mapscript...for example i
> have shapes files and display  this type of images but i want too display
> sattelite images like google maps....
>
> I can?

Yes. Typically you would have two "layers": One for your vectors, one
for your satellite imagery. You would then turn them both on -- with the
satellite being on the bottom -- and get 'hybrid' imagery.

If you care about them actually being seperate images, you could serve
them up on top of each other in a web interace: see
http://openaerialmap.org/map/?zoom=4&lat=35.85938&lon=-87.53906&layers=BT
for an example in OpenLayers.

Regards,
--