[MAPSERVER-USERS] CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER - Segmentation fault

rich.fromm nospam420 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 15:53:22 EST 2008

hrach wrote:

> I use mapserver 4.10.3, postgresql 8.1, Debian Etch.
>
> Is anybody using CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER without any problems ?

I am now using it fine with mapserver 5.0.0 after applying the patch for bug
2497:

I don't know if 4.10.3 is different enough for that patch to be applicable
or not.  But if it's not too hard to upgrade, you might want to try a later
version (e.g. 5.0.2) plus that patch.  Note that the patch may make it into
the 5.0.3 release (it was originally targetted for 5.2).

You also might want to take a look at the following related mailing list
threads:

http://www.nabble.com/Segmentation-fault---mapserver---postgis-to12653945.html#a12674499
http://www.nabble.com/postgres-transaction-warnings-to15749333.html

- Rich