[mapserver-users] BUFFER does not work and color degradation problems

Jay Why justcallmejay at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 07:23:37 EDT 2008

Hi I seem to be having quite a challenge with the "BUFFER" parameter. I
understand the that the buffer parameter should dictate that nothing be
drawn around a label for xx pixels but that does not seem to work for me at
all. I still have serious clashes between wording and other symbols from
other layers are drawn over the text from time to time, it's so confusing.
Does minscale/maxscale affect buffer values?

Also, my map suffers from color degredation for some of the icons (overlay
symbols)? What kind of precautions do I need to take to prevent color
degradation of my symbols?

This link should work later on today... http://208.138.22.177/kamap/
There was a power cut so I need to turn my machine back on now.
################ Minor Roads

  LAYER # kingston roads
    DEBUG OFF
      NAME 'Kingston Roads'