[mapserver-users] WFS - Properly working examples wanted

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Mar 12 05:53:26 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have big troubles in using my MapServer WFS service with GIS clients.  I have followed documents like WFS Servers with Mapserver and some others, and it is rather easy to get the service to work somehow.  I can send requests with browser and wget and I'll get back something that looks good. I can even convert the GML I receive with ogr2ogr to other formats.  But still there must be something wrong because real clients have problems with parsing. Same clients work fine with my Geoserver.  As a client I have been using, OpenJUMP, QGIS and Cadcorp SIS map browser.

I would like to isolate where the problem is, and therefore it would be very nice to get a minimal but complete mapfile that is known to work well with some named GIS client, or a link to a well configured WFS server using Mapserver.  I may be wrong but for my mind the often referred one at www2.dmsolutions.ca does not behave much better than my own installation.

I would like to get the system work with any client in such a way that getCapabilities and describeFeatureType results gets correctly parsed and I could make succesful getFeature request with including both attribute and spatial filters.  Once I have something that works in my hands I hope I may have some possibilities to find out why some other combinations do not work.

-Jukka Rahkonen-