[mapserver-users] Mapserver support for MS/SQL 2008 Spatial ?

Lars I. Nielsen (GisPro) LIN at gispro.dk
Thu Mar 13 05:45:45 EDT 2008

Is support for MS/SQL 2008 Spatial in Mapserver, or rather GDAL/OGR,
already implemented, or if not, scheduled to be in the near future ?

 From what I can read, MS/SQL2008 supports importing WKB, and maybe WKT,
and stores it natively.

Furthermore, MS/SQL 2008 supports two different spatial datatypes,
GEOMETRY and GEOGRAPHY. Will possible support only be for GEOMETRY, or
for both ?

And no, neither PostGIS nor MySQL are unfortunately options for me :-)

--

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Lars I. Nielsen