[mapserver-users] GPX file viewer with mapserver

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Mar 16 09:57:58 EDT 2008

Lähettäjä: mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org puolesta: Tran Tho Ha

> Thanks Frank for your advice.
> I identified that I was using old version of MS4W. So when I upgrade to MS4W
> 2.2.7, it works. At least, the errors I mentioned before didn't  occurred
> anymore. But I have another problem: I only get a blank image, instead of a
> map. Can you suggest which things should I check for this error?

I believe that the most common reason for getting an empty map is simply that
there are no data on the area of the request.  Check very first that your
request and mapfile are using the same projection and that the layer data is
having a correct projection, which I believe to be always epsg:4326 for gpx.
Then check that the mapfile extents are correct so that your data fall inside.
I suggest to start with keeping everything in epsg:4326.  Use ogrinfo to
see the extents of the data and put those values to mapfile EXTENT and to your
request.

-Jukka Rahkonen-