[mapserver-users] Farsi right-to-left labels

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Mon Mar 17 06:19:21 EDT 2008

Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Copying what I wrote earlier this morning on the ka-map list (sorry
> for those on both lists):
>
> FYI there is an open MapServer ticket about this:
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/956
>
> The ticket even includes a patch that you may want to try. I'll try to
> address this one for MapServer 5.2.

Great news!
I'll be building a new mapserver setup soon (currently running 4.10.3).
I think that Ehud Shabatai's patch for bidi support is only against
versions around 4.6.x. If  there's anything newer, I'd be happy to try.
I've got plenty of data in PostGIS with hebrew labels waiting to be
used. And version 5.2 is still quite a ways off, I guess.

Thanks,
Micha

--
Micha Silver