[MAPSERVER-USERS] cs2cs problems

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Mar 17 10:44:27 EDT 2008

Hi Carla,
mapserver searches in the (epsg) file for the epsg code for projection
parameters. So I think IF your epsg file contains both a line with 23030
AND 4230 (mine does by default), everything should go ok if you just
make your initial projection something like:

PROJECTION
   "init=epsg:23030"
END

And add your extra needed projection to the wms_srs line in you WEB-object:

WEB
     "wms_srs" "epsg:23030 epsg:4230"
END

Why should you use cs2cs parameters (which is actualy a wrapper around
proj isn't it?) in you mapserver file? Mapserver is smart enough to
lookup the proj parameters from your epsg file, and uses proj itself to
reproject your data.

Hope this helps,

Richard Duivenvoorde