[mapserver-users] AGG vs. GD: Label placement problems

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Mar 17 16:02:40 EDT 2008

I'm not sure if this is the cause or not but if you look carefully there
is a difference in the spacing between characters. This will cause the
bbox for the label to be larger? maybe and it will bump off labels that
now collide with the longer labels. You can try decreasing the BUFFER on
the label to allow them to be closer together. But I suspect that beyond
that there is not much you can do because that labels are just
physically larger than before.

-Steve W.