Fwd: [MAPSERVER-USERS] Fwd: CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER - Segmentation fault

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 04:59:24 EDT 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008 23:46, you wrote:
> Ivan,
>
>    Try the new version of the patch, just posted.  I had accidentally
> removed a necessary query in msPOSTGISLayerGetShape.  My tests which
> now include getShape() are working (with or without PROCESSING
> "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER").
Hi Dave,
I have allready tried patch ms_postgis_fix_trans_state.diff and I have posted
the report. Or is there any updated version of
ms_postgis_fix_trans_state.diff?

I am sure that I have updated php_mapscript.so.

For sure I include my report of testing ms_postgis_fix_trans_state.diff:

I have applied new patch ms_postgis_fix_trans_state.diff to mapserver-5.0.2
sources from debian unstable and recompiled new debian package and install.

Then I have:
1. restarted apache
2. restarted postgresql-8.1
3. restarted browser (deleted cache)

And started this test with p.mapper 3.2 application:

1. Browsing the map (moving, zooming out, zooming in, adding some more layers)
2. Using identify ({map,layer}Obj_queryBy{Point,Rect,etc.}) - ERROR:
cursor "mycursor2 immediately
3. Browsing the map (moving, zooming out, zooming in)
4. Using identify ({map,layer}Obj_queryBy{Point,Rect,etc.}) - ERROR:
cursor "mycursor2 immediately

Result:
With this patch it is not possible to do neither a singel object query. (with
older patch it was possible few times).
After "ERROR:  cursor "mycursor2" does not exist" it is possible to continue
browsing the map again and object query fill finish with same result as
above.

{map,layer}Obj_queryBy{Point,Rect,etc.} function is not
working   also when  #PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER" is disabled.
So identify object is not working at all.

log is here:
http://projects.gpsmapy.sk/logs/ms_postgis_fix_trans_state_patch.log