[MAPSERVER-USERS] image in an output

Kristian Thy thy at 42.dk
Sun Mar 23 18:21:28 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, nickthegreek- wrote:
> fist in my output i try to insert in mapfile a image so as to display
> a compass.. what i do is to try to put in mapfile a layer which shows
> only this image, the compass... i haven't tried that up now..any help
> would be great (what exactly to write in the layer)!!!

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/faq/copyright-layer
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/feature

However, you can't use a picture for that as far as I know ... but if
you could make/find a font with a compass glyph, you should be able to
insert that.

> and secondly ..i wanna a big help in how to insert my shapefiles in a
> database.. the postgis does that? what i should know is if i should
> put shp shx and dbf files in tables in postgis??

To load shapefiles into PostGIS you use the shp2pgsql utility
distributed with PostGIS:

http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#id2670802

\\kristian
--
... et nemo ex vobis interrogat me: »Quo vadis?«