[mapserver-users] upload/stream data from GPS unit?

Bill Wordsworth bill.wordsworth at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 13:52:07 EDT 2008

Please let's not hijack my poor thread :)! Anyway, here's my original
question:

"How can I upload/stream near-real-time GPS data from on-site to
webserver/MapServer (MapServer 5.x can read *.gpx)?"

I've been referred to http://franson.com/gpsgate/ from the usenet groups. I
am looking for something with WPA.
Cheers, Bill
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Carlos Pinto <cmspinto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new in MapServer and I'm using Openlayers that can be a client of
> MapServer.
>
> What I'm trying to set-up is a grid that is in GML file. And I want
> MapServer to build the layer reading the GML file and give it to OpenLayers
> (javascript API) would read it as WMS.
>
> I have instaled MapServer in C#  so I'm using MapScript. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks
>
> Carlos