[mapserver-users] upload/stream data from GPS unit?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Mar 27 15:10:58 EDT 2008

Bill,

There are probably many solutions available depending on the various
technical components that you might have in the solution. One possible
solution might be something along these lines:

1) stream data to some service that you probably have to build
2) have said service load the points into a postgres/postgis database
3) create a mapfile with a LAYER to disply the data from postgis
4) Use a client like OpenLayers to render you map from mapserver
5) add a timer event to refresh your map every X secs

-Steve W
  http://imaptools.com/