[mapserver-users] upload/stream data from GPS unit?

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Thu Mar 27 14:43:32 EDT 2008

My guess is that you will need some sort of device to log the data from
the GPS and then transmit it across a wireless network (pager, SMS, cell
phone).  At your base station, you would have capture the messages,
parse them, and then probably stuff the data into a database (PostGIS?).

Your MapServer map file could then point to the spatial data layer in
PostGIS.  Every hit to MapServer would show the latest data.

David.