[mapserver-users] Resampling and image quality?

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Fri Mar 28 00:31:03 EDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
 > I zoomed in on both, and I don't see the effect you are talking about.
 > Perhaps you need something a little less error prone, like screen
 > snaps that demonstrate what you are talking about!

Sure thing:

http://ms2.geowake.com/ms_fullview.png
http://ms2.geowake.com/ms_3_notches_in.png
http://ms2.geowake.com/ms_5_notches_in.png

http://ms2.geowake.com/png_fullview.png
http://ms2.geowake.com/png_3_notches_in.png
http://ms2.geowake.com/png_5_notches_in.png

Note how the png ones lack the jagged "crunchy" quality, how even the
smaller text is legible and smooth at the tighter zoomlevels. The
Mapserver one, though, is illegible and looks as if it's been downsized
or something.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth, BS, A+
System Administrator

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA