[MAPSERVER-USERS] labels longer than feature are bold

DNC dncarreira at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 14:37:29 EDT 2008

Hi.

Has anyone seen this effect? While labeling roads, if the text steps outside
the road feature the label is drawn in what seems to be a bolder font...
like it's being drawn twice with a small offset.
If I set an outline color than the effect disappears. But I'd like to avoid
the outline color if possible.

Labels are drawn with an annotation layer like this:
  LAYER
    NAME 'Labels'
    TYPE ANNOTATION
    LABELREQUIRES "[Roads]"
    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
    CONNECTION 'host=virt1 user=postgres password=gaevith dbname=postgis'
    PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
    DATA 'the_geom from roads using unique gid'
    STATUS ON
    PROJECTION
      'init=epsg:27492'
    END
    EXTENT -23893.143277 -173568.018533 62541.864515 -70038.622014
    LABELITEM "text field"
    CLASS
      NAME 'Labels'
      LABEL