[mapserver-users] Re: AW: [OpenLayers-Users] Projection Problem

Kusum kusum at infobase.in
Sat Nov 1 08:15:02 EDT 2008

I am using orthographic projection to generate globe layer
Its showing globe but sometimes half of it or some part.
Also I am not able to rotate or pan through the globe.

In openlayers I am using var options =
{
						controls: [],
						restrictedExtent: extent,
						numZoomLevels: 10,
						maxResolution:0.49990340909090999,
						projection:"EPSG:9840"
}

and my mapfile is as follows:-

EXTENT -180 -90 180 90

UNITS DD
SIZE 550 450
PROJECTION
"proj=ortho"
"ellps=WGS84"
"lat_0=51.0000"
"lon_0=0.0000"
"x_0=0.00"
"y_0=0.00"
END

#World_Background
LAYER
    NAME "background1"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    PROJECTION
	"proj=latlong"
	 END
    TYPE RASTER
    DATA "wsiearth.tif"
    TEMPLATE "ttt.html"
END

I am confused this is due to the extent I have set  or projection definition
set in mapfile.

Please help as this is very urgent and I have a deadline to meet.

Regards
Kusum