[mapserver-users] php_mapscript shared obj

Fabio D'Ovidio fabiodovidio at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 05:47:32 EDT 2008

Hi list !

I installed mapserver 4.10.0, PHP 5.2.0 and php_mapscript on Debian Etch.

>From PHP Web GIS  application i tryed to use php_mapscript functionalities but It is not possible.

It is strange becaues I did as following:

apt-get install php5

(

****If i type php -m I have no mapscript module built in php!!!****

)

I compiled mapserver and I run:

install -s mapscript/php3/php_mapscript.so /usr/lib/php5/20060613/

ln -s php_mapscript.so /usr/lib/php5/20060613/php_mapscript_4.10.0.so

I wrote /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/php_mapscript.ini as following:

extension=php_mapscript_4.10.0.so

If I run php.info with dl function to test mapscript installation I have the following:

*Warning*:  Module 'MapScript' already loaded in *Unknown* on line *0*

*So, If I comment the line in php_mapscript.ini, the Warning disappear but Mapscript module is loaded !!! *

*It's strange because mapscript module shouldn't be loaded because of my configuration in .ini file!! Is it ?*

*I am confused... what's worng ?*

*Thanks*

--
Fabio D'Ovidio