[mapserver-users] Integrate mapserver with PHP MIS

Pietro Giannini pgiannini at bytewise.it
Thu Oct 9 06:33:10 EDT 2008

hallo Andre,
in a php environment you can query both PostgreSQL and MySQL data.

If you want click over a POI to read his data, your application should
query the MySQL MIS via the FeatureID and retrieve the budget data, then
display them in a window or in a layer on your web page.
It is different to show the POIs with a legend that depends of the budget
data: it is better if you can set up an ETL to import mysql data into
PostgreSQL, or vice versa only the X/Y coordinates of POIs from PostgreSQL
to MySQL. These solutions allows you to create a legend for the POIs, i.e.
a more exaustive classification of the POIs: not only grey & red but with
a color ramp.

Anoter way: you can to do this "on the fly" whit the php application,
adding programmatically the POIs that overspends to a "red dots layer"

I hope this can help

greetings

--
Pietro Giannini