[MAPSERVER-USERS] SLD benefits

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Fri Oct 10 17:18:07 EDT 2008

Usability is also an issue with the mapfile for which no easy clients
have been developed either. But I feel editing SLD with for instance
Eclipse (Set syntax highlighting to xml) is more easy and user friendly
already.

I have heard rumors from the FOSS4G that SLD editting software is being
developed for geoserver, perhaps this will also be usable for mapserver
(assuming both systems are strict OGC compliant to the SLD schema)

So I think the best thing is to be patient (give developing teams a
change) be supportive or help projects develop usable tools for this.

Kind regards,

Milo van der Linden