[mapserver-users] problems with running the demo

Oz Nahum nahumoz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 08:26:45 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,
I've installed mapserver from source on debian lenny.
My local host directory it like this that mapserevr is in
localhost/mapserver/

After compiling the source I copied all the executables files to
/var/www/cgi-bin/

in my httpd.conf i added the lines

<IfModule mod_alias.c>
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/cgi-bin/

    <Directory /var/www/cgi-bin/>
        AllowOverride None
        Options ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</IfModule>

but I still get 403 errors pressing any of the buttons in mapserver when it
is already running.
"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ on this server."

What am I doing wrong ???

Thanks, Oz

--
 .''`.
: :' :      We are debian.org. Lower your prices,

----
           Imagine there's no countries
           It isn't hard to do
           Nothing to kill or die for
           And no religion too
           Imagine all the people
           Living life in peace
----
          You all must read 'The God Delusion'
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion
---
when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many
people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance