[mapserver-users] demo application tries to read images from wrong location

Oz Nahum nahumoz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 05:55:44 EDT 2008

Hi Again,
I am still trying to get this application running, and succiding in
incremental steps.

I've edited  the index.html like this:

   // EDIT THE NEXT 2 LINES TO MATCH YOUR SETUP
        var snippet = "IMAGEPATH '/tmp/'";  //the path where files are
created.
        snippet += " IMAGEURL '/tmp/'";
        snippet += " TEMPLATE " + template;
        document.demo.map_web.value = snippet;

now the pics are created in /tmp under the / of the file system. However the
application tries to read the images from another location which is odd.
Apache gives this error:

[Wed Oct 15 11:34:49 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
/var/www/tmp, referer:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?layer=lakespy2&layer=dlgstln2&zoomsize=2&map_web=IMAGEPATH+%27%2Ftmp%2F%27+IMAGEURL+%27%2Ftmp%2F%27+TEMPLATE+itasca_basic.html&map=%2Fvar%2Fwww%2Fmapserver%2Fitasca.map&program=..%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmapserv&root=%2Fmapserver&template=itasca_basic.html

can somebody please help me with that ? you can access my testing server at
134.2.155.77

and take a look.

thanks, Oz.

----
           Imagine there's no countries
           It isn't hard to do
           Nothing to kill or die for
           And no religion too
           Imagine all the people
           Living life in peace
----
          You all must read 'The God Delusion'
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion
---
when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many
people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance