[MAPSERVER-USERS] mssql2008 binary test package available to download

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 16:54:49 EDT 2008

2008/10/16 BrainDrain <paulborodaev at gmail.com>:
> -without "WITH(INDEX..." in mapfile data section - mem corruption exception
> on "shape = layer.getFeature(featureIndexe, -1)" after successful execution
> of queryByPoint (querying the largest polygon in my geodb);

I didn't encounter any memory corruption error here, could you provide
an example to this?
I've set up your database with IIS and apache with the following links:
http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?mode=map&map=test2008.map
http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1080/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?mode=map&map=test2008.map

> -with using "WITH(INDEX...":
> msMSSQL2008LayerGetShape(): Query error. Error executing MSSQL2008 SQL
> statement: select convert(varchar(max), STATUS),convert(varchar(max),
> STAGE),convert(varchar(max), id),GEOM from dbo.Construct
> WITH(INDEX(SIndx_Construct_geometry_geom)) where id = 190748
> -[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Query processor could not
> produce a query plan because of the hints defined in this query. Resubmit
> the query without specifying any hints and without using SET FORCEPLAN.
> When I'm trying to execute this select statement in man. studio - error
> message - the same.
> I think because where clause don't contains conditions related to spatial
> index used in 'WITH' hint.

You're right, just looking into the code here is a possible solution:

DATA "GEOM from dbo.Construct USING UNIQUE id USING SRID=0 USING INDEX
SIndx_Construct_geometry_geom"

Best regards,

Tamas