[mapserver-users] Changing imagetype of web output

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Oct 17 10:42:09 EDT 2008

Hi Robert: In a mapfile it should be as easy as:

  IMAGETYPE GIF (or PNG or PNG24 or AGGPNG24...)

This assumes you have GIF support available in GD. If it's there GIF should be the default anyway so you really shouldn't need to set IMAGETYPE.

In MapScript there is a selectOutputFormat method for mapObj's. You should be able to
so something like:

  $map->selectOutputFormat('GIF');

Steve

>>> "Burgholzer,Robert" <rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov> 10/17/08 9:28 AM >>>
I am at a complete loss here as to how to change my image output.  At
some time I managed to switch from GIF output of a web image top PNG,
and now I cannot get it back.

I have two  ways that I would like to do this:

1. In a mapfile
2. Via php mapscript

I have an application that needs to create animated gifs, sop I need
some ability to produce gifs from a given mapfile, but would like to be
able to switch this on the fly using mapscript if possible.

If anyone can enlighten me, I would appreciate it.  I have tried setting
"IMAGETYPE gif" in my mapfile to no avail.

Thanks,

r.b.

Robert W. Burgholzer
Surface Water Modeler