[mapserver-users] STREET LABEL WON'T FOLLOW THE STREET

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Oct 17 11:50:58 EDT 2008

Hi,

What do you mean by "instead"? Really that texts do not follow the streets at all, or that they do follow the line, but just a few labels are shown on a map?

Label disappearing must be due to collision handling mechanism. See what happens if you add FORCE TRUE to label definitions, that should draw always all the labels and you can see if the labels are following the lines or not. If they do then you need just to play with label MINDISTANCE and MINFEATURESIZE parameters so that you'll get more labels which do not collide.
I have actually never played with labels myself, I was just reading the mapfile reference and tried to think what might be wrong with your map. I hope my suggestions are not misleading.

-Jukka Rahkonen-