[mapserver-users] Access control for wms served from mapserver cgi

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Oct 20 04:04:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

If it is easy to limit access to mapserv executable, then how about making a few copies of the executable and tie each copy to its own mapfile in httpd.conf?

SetEnvIf Request_URI "/cgi-bin/wms1.exe?" MS_MAPFILE=d:/ms4w/apps/wms1.map
SetEnvIf Request_URI "/cgi-bin/wms2.exe?" MS_MAPFILE=d:/ms4w/apps/wms2.map

Just thinking, I do not know if this is secure at all.

-Jukka Rahkonen-