[MAPSERVER-USERS] Single Template getfeatureinfo query

Tellett thomas.ellett at statkart.no
Mon Oct 20 10:50:15 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I've been trying to apply the single template idea (using a template driver
in an OUTPUTFORMAT) to a getfeatureinfo request,but with no joy at all.
Looking at it, I guess for it to work it would need some of the source code
to be added to, or altered. In the RFC 36 Steve Lime suggested:

maptemplate.c: Write a new single template processing function similar to
msReturnQuery() in that same source file, something like
msReturnSingleTemplateQuery().

And:

mapserv.c: Add code at the end of the query processing switch statement to
look at the value of web->queryformat. If it references an existing output
format by name then use the file the format points to with
msReturnSingleTemplateQuery(), otherwise process as currently done.

Do you know if these changes have been made? I tried looking at the
ms-rfc.txt files in the beta source files but couldn't find ms-rfc36.txt
referenced.
I'm using the beta MS4W binary but I presume this is compiled from the
latest beta source code.

If the above changes have been made then I guess it should be possible to
simply add QUERYFORMAT 'kml' (or xml etc, whatever the OUTPUTFORMAT 'name'
is) under the Web obj, use qformat instead of info_format in the url call
and the template referenced under the relevant OUTPUTFORMAT should be used.
This does not seem to be happening at present however.

One other quick question, do I still need to reference a template (be it
blank or whatever) in my layer obj's to make the layer queryable or is it
now possible to use the QUERYABLE TRUE idea? I'm presuming I still need to
reference a template as I've tried this and simply get a parsing error.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm going round in circles on this one!

Cheers

Tom