[mapserver-users] Using JOIN and FILTERITEM

Nelson Soto NSoto at plotplans.com
Tue Oct 21 10:48:10 EDT 2008

Hello,

Can I use FILTERITEM after I have done a JOIN?

I keep getting an error stating it can not find the JOINed field when
FILTERITEM is used...

LAYER # Parcels Polygon Layer

          NAME 'ParcelsAvailableSearch'

          DATA 'parcels_tiles/parcels.shp'

          STATUS DEFAULT

          TYPE POLYGON

          METADATA

            qstring_validation_pattern '.'

          END

          TEMPLATE 'parcels/itemquery_parcels_flag.html'

        JOIN

            NAME extend

            TABLE 'parcels_tiles/joint.dbf'

            FROM 'LOC_ID'

            TO 'LOC_ID'

            TYPE ONE-TO-ONE

        END

          FILTERITEM 'FLD_INT'

          FILTER /%id4%/

          CLASS

              SYMBOL 'plainline'

              SIZE 3

              COLOR -1 -1 -1

              OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 0

        END

  END

Joint.dbf consists of two fields, LOC_ID and FLD_INT. I need FLD_INT but
it is subject to change so I need it in a separate file. So, I want to
generate an item query of everything that matched the FLD_INT which is
set by another program before hand. Can this be done?