[mapserver-users] Using JOIN and FILTERITEM

Guillaume Sueur guillaume.sueur at neogeo-online.net
Tue Oct 21 10:59:22 EDT 2008

>From http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/join/html2pdf :

Joins are defined within a LAYER object. It is important to understand
that JOINs are ONLY available once a
query has been processed. You cannot use joins to affect the look of a
map. The primary purpose is to enable
lookup tables for coded data (e.g. 1 => Forest) but there are other
possible uses.

Regards,

Guillaume