[MAPSERVER-USERS] getfeatureinfo query template

Tellett thomas.ellett at statkart.no
Fri Oct 24 09:34:52 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to get round what seems to be an insurmountable problem. I want
to output a getfeatureinfo query in xml using mapserver 5.2.0, but want to
use just 1 xml template. However, because info_format is a mandatory
variable in the ogc getfeatureinfo specs, the template is called for each
layer. If I have many features in 1 layer, theres no problem, the xml
template works fine. but if the features are from more than one layer, say 2
layers, then the template is called twice (because I have to specify the
template under the layer object). Any way I can fix this or get round it?

Another quick question, I don't quite understand why I can use a query such
as '&mode=nquery&layers=all&qformat=xml' and it works fine for multiple
layers? Any offers?

Cheers

Tom