[mapserver-users] TEMP FOLDER

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 16:35:07 EDT 2008

Hi Bernard,

I've cross posted this onto the geomoose user's list.
1) Temp folder files (in MS4W) can over-write themsevles, I haven't seen a lot of problems with this personally, if there's something that causing you specific heart-ache then you may have to specify.

2) Changing the "draw polygon" icon in geomoose is pretty easy.
    a) Have an image available somewhere, I'm going to use "/images/draw_poly_icon.png" for my example.
    b) Open the mapbook, go to the <service> tag that defines the draw polygon service.
    c) Inside of the <service ...> tag add an "icon" attribute. Ex: <service title="Draw Polygon" icon="/images/draw_poly_icon.png">
    d) You may also want to add a different Icon for when the tool is selected, repeat the process above but instead of using "icon" as the attribute name use "highlight"

3) Depends on your level of previous database knowledge.  On the whole, there is a wealth of documentation on Postgresql.org and on the PostGIS website.  There are also any number of books that are quite good, reasonably priced, and widely available.  If you already have a strong back ground in database use, then the docs on the website usually provide analogs to Oracle or MySQL experience which can be enough for some people.