[mapserver-users] 64 bit Windows OS

Bruce Cheney BLC at JUB.com
Mon Oct 27 19:40:51 EDT 2008

What are the current plans for supporting 64 bit Windows OS?
Already doing it and I missed it?
What would be reasons for not actively pursuing this?
Are some of the supporting binaries to difficult to convert over or
MapServer itself?
Is it the challenge of maintaining two paths 32 bit and 64 bit?

The reasons I am asking are:

Hardware and OS are coming this way now - 64 bit. We must go to some
effort to downgrade to 32 bit.  The 64 bit obviously supports more RAM.
More RAM = more concurrent users.  And there are probably other good
reasons that I am at a loss to remember.

Thanks for any wisdom you might have in this regards.

Bruce Cheney