[mapserver-users] WMS GetMap for a GDALDataset?

Alexander Petkov greenkov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 17:57:18 EDT 2008

Is it possible to somehow have mapserver serve an in-memory dataset?
For example, I do some comparative calculations b/n datasets using
GDAL (with the result being a GDALDataset  *),
and would like to be able to show it via a WMS GetMap request, ideally
without first storing the result to disk.

Is it necessary to write the result to disk first, prior to serving
the data? I have seen references to other people having a similar
thing working, but can find the links at the moment...

TIA,
Alex