[mapserver-users] Labelling

Nelson Soto NSoto at plotplans.com
Fri Oct 31 14:56:45 EDT 2008

Thanks Dave and Dan,

Pretty much both of you are kind of getting at the same ideas I had. I
guess I asked in an ambiguous way because it doesn't pertain to a
specific situation. The point layer specific for labeling I think it the
way I'll have to go but David did touch on something interesting that I
wasn't sure you could do:

On your first suggestion, are you saying I could create a point feature
and label it using 'TEXT'? If so, can I do this without having the point
be visible? Then you mention I could use an annotation type layer
instead. Does the same apply as far as being able to specify x and y
cords and use a 'TEXT' clock to label? If so then that is an interesting
feature!