[mapserver-users] error in installing mapserver on linux platform

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Sep 5 10:55:42 EDT 2008

What output does it give you? The apache error isn't helpful.

I would assume it's something like when run the CGI process is not able to load the right dynamic libraries. You can try setting the the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your configuration to include directories that you installed supporting libraries in if that's the case.

Steve

>>> "aditigroup project" <aditi.kolstudygroup at gmail.com> 09/05/08 3:33 AM >>>
We were trying to do installation of mapsever5.0 on linux fedora core:
We have done following things correctly without any error on Linux:
1.configure
2.compile
3.after executing ./mapserv -v we got the correct output
problem occured is :
when we do http://localhost/cgi-bin/ mapserv<http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv>
it doesnt gave the expected output.

Apache error log file contained the following:
[notice]Apache/2.2.8(unix)PHP/5.2.5configured -- resuming normal operations
[notice]caught SIGTERM,shutting down.
Please tell us what is the problem and how we can solve it.