[mapserver-users] Can a CLASS be transparent?

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Wed Sep 10 16:24:06 EDT 2008

Roger,

At least at version 5.2, there is CLASS level OPACITY when you use the AGG image format.  For example, if I want to turn some of my polygons 50% opaque (transparent), I can set an expression in one of the classes and set an OPACITY for that class.  I have pasted an example with Minnesota counties at the end of this message.

I am not sure if this is what you really want.  I am guessing that you just want to have an expression in one or more classes that tells MapServer which states you want to not be colored.  For that class, set an OUTLINECOLOR and not a COLOR.  For the other classes, set both an OUTLINECOLR and COLOR.

David.

LAYER
  NAME "counties"
  STATUS DEFAULT