[mapserver-users] 256 color PNG vs png24 how do set up the 2 different formats within a map file

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 07:18:05 EDT 2008

 Hi,

I would like to test both the data quality and performance between 256 color
png and png24 but I am not sure how I would set up differently within a map
file.

Below is what I am currently using within all my mapfiles for both raster
and vector.  I believe that it outputting as png24 correct?  How would I
change it in order to make it output as 256 color png?

OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME png
  DRIVER "GD/PNG"
  MIMETYPE "image/png"